Thursday, April 20, 2006

Why I started writing this blog....

Pregnancy is perhaps the most difficult time any woman can be subjected to in a lifetime. When I got pregnant with our first child (although planned) this April, there were more questions than I had answers to as a working woman. It is a unique experience in itself that brings with it all emotions - anxiety, happiness, pain, excitement- all bundled in one in a span of 9 months. Pregnancy is just one part of the story - there are a lot of factors that the to-be-parents have to take care of especially if both of them are working as we did - hence the name “career mom” for this blog. I also present here some tips on what worked for me during this period and what did not. I also talk about my career, on how i gave up my full time job to take on the role of a stay-at-home mom, the reactions from people as i made this decision etc etc.

Disclaimer: The thoughts in this blog are personal and is not influenced by anyone. The pregnancy tips that I present here are what worked for me. I’m not a doctor or a qualified medical practitioner. Before following any of these, please consult your doctor.