Friday, November 17, 2006

Week 34 : Sleepless Nights

Oh yes, I am in "Sleepless in Trichy". Sleep has been very disturbed for the past 5 months but never had it been so bad until this week. I haven't slept a wink in the nights for the past 4 days. It leaves me in a groggy and restless state forcing afternoon naps the following day. Wise moms and grannies who have treaded this path to motherhood have one advise "Sleep when you feel sleepy, no matter what time of the day is." You can catch me sleeping when I'm not blogging :)

Jokes apart, here are a few things that can help you sleep in the night :


  1. A glass of hot milk with a dash of anything you like such as turmeric, badam powder or honey. Refrain from caffeine - coffee or tea.

  2. Run hot water through your legs before going to bed.

  3. Wait atleast for an hour after dinner before going to bed. It helps going for a short stroll after dinner in the last trimester.