Thursday, November 23, 2006

Week 35 : Yet another visit

The gaps between my visits to the doctor are reducing as the number of days left for the D-Day is drawing closer. So close to the finish line and yet so far..each day seems like a eon with this weight to lug around.

Instead of going at our usual 10:30 a.m. slot to the hospital, we went in at 1:00 p.m. It was crowded all the same but the wait wasn't as long as the earlier three hours. You know what...if you wish to become a successful enterpreneur in India, then you are guaranteed to be successful in 2 businesses - either open a maternity hospital or a road side chat shop. I've lost count of the number of nursing homes in my neighbourhood in Trichy. Every street has a minimum of 2 hospitals and trust me I'm not exaggerating and each one of these are overflowing with pregnant mothers. We will surpass China earlier than 2050 in population. I'm digressing...

The highlight about this routine visit was that the baby decided to draw attention by kicking around and trying to turn his/her head. I was in so much pain ..thank god we were at the hospital so there was no cause of concern.. that we met the doctor and she said everything was ok. The low Haemoglobin levels diagnosed during my last visit was ackonwledged as their error. Hb is quite normal and I'm all set now...

Categories: